S6E9: Brad Ross — How to Market Your Show Business
These are show notes taken from an audio interview.
To listen to the actual interview, please use the player above.
In this interview, Brad Ross tells us how to market our show business and holds nothing back! My head is still reeling with all the knowledge Brad dropped. Also, find out how you can get a free 30 minute phone consult with Brad!
For six years, Brad toured with Disney Live in Mickey’s Magic Show. This alone has taken him to 5 continents, 25 countries, and allowed him to perform in 16 languages. In fact, he’s entertained literally millions of people worldwide!
He’s been featured in over 500 national and international TV appearances including the Rosie O’Donnell Show, FOX TV’s Good Day New York, Decco Drive, and on the Disney Channel.
He can now be seen touring his brand new illusion show “Brad Ross’ Unbelievable,” where he brings a new approach to the classic theatrical art, the art of magic.
Finally, Brad is also a well-known author, speaker, and marketing guru to magicians and other entertainers worldwide. He helps fellow entrepreneurs live their dreams through his seminars and training courses including his flagship course, “The IT Factor: Secrets to Skyrocketing Your Career!”
Click Convert Profit — This episode is brought to you by Josh London’s Click Convert Profit and his book Flying Solo, the Smart Solopreneur’s Guide to Making Money Online.
Click here to get $10 off and for my listeners only, the free ebook “4 Ways to Find Your Most Profitable Keywords.”
Kris Mentioned at the Top of the Show
A Life Well Designed from previous guest Jonny Zavant (Jonathan Pritchard)
This is a blog and podcast that teaches how to design the ultimate life for yourself. It’s basically a resource for anyone who is interested in reducing waste in their life whether it be a waste of time, energy, resources, or efforts with the goal of helping you design the life that you’ve always wanted to live.
A Life Well Designed Blog | Podcast
Do what you love and love what you do!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. — Marianne Williamson
If you can dream it, you can do it. — Walt Disney
• You need to have a good website.
• Have good branding, it needs to be clear and defined.
• Your personality needs to come across in pixels and on paper.
• Put your personality out there. It’s all about connecting.
• What is unique about you?
• Your personal brand it The IT Factor.
• Separate yourself from everyone else.
• Selling benefits instead of features.
• Selling the sizzle as well as the steak. What is the package that you’ve wrapped yourself in? That’s the sizzle.
• Know what it is that you’re selling and who your ideal customer is.
• The audience that you perform for could be different than the audience that you’re selling to.
• People buy based on emotions.
• “So what?” That’s the filter you need to run all your marketing copy through to find the value and benefits to the customer.
• Deliver the right message to the right market via the right media.
The IT Factor Live
• Skyrocketing your career by creating the illusion of celebrity.
• It’s a compilation of everything he’s used to have a successful career in magic up to this point.
• a live workshop that teaches business-building for magicians.
It Factor Live (limited to 25 people)
Other Topics Covered
• Learning from your mistakes.
• Magic happens outside the box (outside of our comfort zone).
• Talks about his journey and some of his challenges.
• Making decisions.
• How he grew his dream.
• Mentored by Dave Dee (who now works with Dan Kennedy!).
• Investing in yourself.
• It all comes down to passion.
• Talks about how he landed his Disney gig.
• Opportunity knocks for everyone. If you’re prepared, you’ll hear the knock and open the door. If you’re not prepared, you will never know it was even there.
Get up off your butt and make your own success. Change the equation!
Recommended books and resources:
Note: Many of the links in this section are affiliate links, meaning we earn a small portion of any sales. If you’re enjoying our podcast and decide to purchase one of the recommended resources or books, please consider using our affiliate links to help support the work we’re doing here at the Successful Performercast. Thanks!
Joanie Spina’s Get Your Act Together Videos
Free 30 Minute Phone Consult with Brad!
This is a special offer for Successful Performercast listeners! Visit www.bradcoachme.com to fill out an application for a free 30 minute phone consultation with Brad about your show business.